Using Attention Blend for Natural Focus & Creativity
HEY ... YOU! Do you feel, these days, like you are sometimes trying to communicate with a brick wall? Or worse yet, do you ever feel like you are that brick wall? That people and ideas that should be the center of your focus are instead fuzzy around the edges, fading into the background or completely forgotten? We live in a buzzing, alert-blinking, alarm-beeping world that relentlessly pulls our attention in 50 different directions. It becomes fatiguing to have your eyes and mind constantly darting from one thing to the next – especially when you really could benefit from staying still for a few minutes, focusing on priorities, and simply being where you are at that moment.
Recognizing the problem is one thing. Solving it is another. It isn’t easy these days to silence the distractions and train your mind for better focus. But it is possible.
Aromatherapy can be a powerful tool to help you regain control of your thoughts and consciousness and to achieve better focus at work, at home, for study, and even for meditation and communication. We’ve created our Attention Blend for that very purpose … to allow you to access the best essential oils to help your mind be alert, creative and energized … and to stay focused on the people, tasks and ideas that are most important to you.
Sacred Life’s Attention blend is an engaging combination of earthy Frankincense, warm Cedarwood, focusing Vetiver and sweet, calming Lavender. This grounding and energizing combination works on both a physical and psychological level to give you control over and direction for your thoughts. We’ve built flexibility into this blend by offering it in several forms … full strength for diffusing or DIY projects, and a conveniently diluted roll-on for topical use and to enjoy when you are on-the-go. We also offer a Kids Attention blend roll-on with the same effective ingredients, but diluted at an appropriate level for kids’ more sensitive skin. Get to know the powerful ingredients in this natural blend:
- Frankincense: An earthy and grounding foundation that calms the mind, releases tension and lends feelings of strength and focus.
- Cedarwood: A warm and cathartic aromatherapy base that works to relax the body and release feelings of nervous energy or stress.
- Vetiver: A bright, green and uplifting scent that works to both strengthen attention and retain mental focus for increases feelings of creativity.
- Lavender: A sweet, cheering, floral-and-spice scent that gives feelings of calm energy, emotional release and mental resolve.
There are two strategies you could choose to applying this effective blend in your life … in the air or on the skin. Which of these two will work best for you depends on your situation and preferences. Diffusing quickly fills a room with the powerful focusing ambiance and allows an immersive exposure to the beneficial constituents. Topical use is more personal, more discreet, and portable. Some people prefer topical application to target specific areas of the body as they work to focus their attention … the wrists, temples, neck and chest or feet. Here are a few ways to consider using Sacred Life’s Attention Blend:
- Try diffusing our full-strength blend at home or in the office as you launch yourself on a tough project. Add 4-6 drops to a diffuser and mist as you start planning, brainstorming, or working toward your goal. Or, use for better concentration after school and during homework hour. Diffuse as you read, study, or practice for feelings of concentration and commitment.
- Keep the pre-diluted roll-on with your for long drives in the car, essential conversations, or challenging tasks on-the-go. Apply it to wrists, neck, temples, or across the top of the spine. Use fingertips to massage gently into the skin, breathing deeply to gain additional exposure to the aromatherapy constituents.
- Send Kids Attention with your older child to school to help them make it through a long day. Instruct them to dab a small amount on their wrists and breath the scent if they have trouble concentrating during class. Hold the deep breath for a count of 3, and let it out slowly. Repeat as needed.
- Use Attention Blend as part of your mindfulness practice. Diffuse as you read, meditate, or relax. Breathe deeply and work to relax all the muscles in your body, especially in your shoulders and neck. Notice where your thoughts travel, and gently bring them back on task as necessary.
Sacred Life’s Attention blend can be a powerful ally to help you regain control over your thoughts and focus in a distracting world. Use natural tools to build a stronger, happier and more resilient body and mind with the help of pure essential oils.